Monday, December 24, 2012

christmas adventures

I've been reading The Hobbit. And loving it. I've never loved that type of book, just because I've never given it a worthy chance. But my oh my, it is such an adventure. A man leaves the comfort of everything he's ever know for something so much BIGGER and BETTER. More vast and dangerous, yes, but much more like life really should be.

This morning I was thinking about the imperfection of me. My need for comfort. Of my own heart, and my prayers and my desires and how blurred and confused they are in the midst of this world.
I want to stay in my little "hobbit hole". But in Bilbo I've found a kindred spirit, because deep inside, when the opportunity comes for adventure, I'm ready to dive off the deep end and set out for something I've never known.

How gracious He is to listen, and love, to purify and understand.
To say NO,
when no is needed. And to say YES, when the time is right.
Praise God for His "nos".
Praise God for His "yes'"

Praise God for His adventures.
It seems like daily, I wake up, and He's waiting there,
with His hands extended, whispering,
"lets go! ... I want to take you somewhere you've never been.
I know its not what you had planned, but I PROMISE you,
it's sweeter, and deeper and so much more wild than ANYTHING
you could have ever dreamt of yourself."

who wants to go to Flodigarry, Scotland with me?

"And so, we can just pour out the fullness of our heart,
the burden of our spirit,
the sorrow that crushes us,
and KNOW that He HEARS,
He LOVES,
He UNDERSTANDS,
He RECIEVES,
and He separates from our prayer all that is imperfect,
ignorant and wrong
and presents the rest, 
with the incense of the great high priest,
before the throne on high,
and our prayer is HEARD,
ACCEPTED + ANSWERED
in His name."
-A.B. Simpson


Sweeter, deeper and so much more WILD.
so thankful for that today.
merry christmas.

"Because of God's tender mercy,
the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
and to guide us to the path of peace".
LUKE 1: 78-79

No comments:

Post a Comment