Tuesday, November 1, 2011

autumn. november. leaves.


“Winter is an etching,

spring a watercolor, 

summer an oil painting

and autumn a mosaic of them all.”

Stanley Horowitz 


You wont spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires,
but you will be anxious to do the will of God.
1 Peter 4:2




this season of life is a new version of every other i've walked through thus far.
a new piece of the mosaic that is my life, pieced together day by day.
i fall short once again. and the lord ushers me into yet a deeper rest in Him.
my perspective is so very nearsighted. to say the least. so very flawed.
i can see only the immediate.
my vision is blurred.
fogged by my own desires, wants,
all the things i constantly think i need.


then the lord, in his gracious mercy, pulls me back in.
pulls me back to him.
focuses my heart.
focuses my desires.
that they be for Him and for Him alone.
that they be sanctified. sharpened. refined.
painful. beautiful. perfect. in Him.
for his kingdom. and his glory. and his ultimate will.

i wake up each morning and wonder how anyone could ever
do this life without the hope of our sovereign God and his perfect love for us through jesus christ's death on the cross.
and his resurrection.
i fall short of his glory every day.
oh to know his infinite love for my infinitely sinful self.
oh to rest in his perfections.
oh to dwell in His house all the days of my life.
oh to be a lionhearted woman for making his name known.

there is nothing sweeter.
there is nothing more.


"There is no safer place in all the universe
than under the wings of the sovereign, 
all-wise, all-loving God. 
But the shadow of these wings may take us 
to dangerous places in the cause of love."

A Sweet + Bitter Providence: Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment