Saturday, January 22, 2011

defined

Here I am, two weeks into my last semester of baylor, ever.
And it really finally hit me for the first time a couple nights ago everything I am going to have to say goodbye to in the coming months.
And it has become all consuming trying to figure out and make plans for graduation, like what I'm going to do with my life.
really.
WHAT am I going to do with my life.



But today, after receiving the greatest council from this lovely lady... http://herwhitesunrise.blogspot.com/

I have decided what I am going to let this season of my life REALLY be defined by.

Thus far, its been defined by anxiety, worry, lists, plans and complaining. yuck.
But today, it is going to change.


The rest my time as a little 22 year old baylor girl will be defined by these few things...

1. drawing nearer to Jesus and intentionally desiring to know Him better
2. resting in the fact that the Lord has it under control
3. letting go of my ideas and dreams for my future, and letting the God of all the Universe have complete control.
4. investing in my dearest friends
5. less napping. more living.
6. taking the time to GO places. take trips. embrace the freedom of being a student with no responsibilities.
7. praying for those around me. for my sister about to move to haiti, and my other sister about to have another baby girl, and all of my roommates and friends who are about to graduate just like me and start THEIR new lives. prayer. prayer. prayer. prayer. prayer.
8. much dancing
9. coffee dates. lots of them.
10. and, creating. taking the time, giving myself the space to be inspired, to use my hands, to listen to music really loud and get paint everywhere, to read blogs and sketch ideas and to do kind things for others in the midst of it all.



the words that are near to my heart in this season...
"in those days, when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me
wholeheartedly you will find me. I will be found by you, says the Lord."
Jeremiah 29:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment