Friday, February 12, 2010

Some beautiful quotes and my thoughts on the day

Yes, I have a crazy terrible cold. I don't ever remember being this bogged down with cold-ness.
ugh.
I haven't left my apartment all day, except to make a quick exchange of Pocahontas for some yummy cookies with my friend Paige earlier.
Its been a restful day for sure. but i am going stir crazy. no doubt.

I have however been able to read, think, pray, and wonder about what the future brings for me.
Silly me. Sitting here in Europe. EUROPE. and trying to plan the future. so typical. so silly.

But my life, oh my oh my, is becoming so very real. When I get back to the states after this dream I like to call my "Mary Kate and Ashley semester", I will be experiencing my last summer. my last time to be a "kid" and then I will start my last year of school. ever.
oh geez. hyperventilating..

but. HOW exciting.
I am about to be able to DO something insane with my life.
I can move anywhere. Do anything. and seriously. I want to DO something big. I want to be open, adventurous, ready to serve, ready to learn.
I have no idea what this thing will be that I am going to do. but man oh man I cant wait for the Lord to show me... I love not knowing.

"The meaning of our lives is revealed through experiences that at first seem at odds with each other -- moments we wish would never end and moments we wish had never begun. Those timeless experiences we want to last forever whisper to us that they were meant to. We were made to live in a world of beauty and wonder, intimacy and adventure. Nathaniel Hawthorne insisted, 'Our Creator would never have made such lovely days, and given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above and beyond all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal.'"



yes yes yes.




No comments:

Post a Comment