Monday, February 8, 2010

My day with Jen and Dan


Jen, my sweet sweet friend from South Carolina and I met up with the famous world traveler Dan (he is traveling through Italy for 3 weeks. We met at the B&B Maison hostel in Florence) to show him around Rome for the day.

What a beautiful day it has been today. Seriously. the best its been since i've arrived. We met Dan at the middle of the Ponte Palatino at 2:30 and made our way up the steep hills to the orange grove and Basilica of Santa Sabina.

Oh. my. goodness.

Jen had been here before. I had seen some of her pictures. and begged her to take me there. and it was absolutely spectacular.

Beautiful views of the entire city. On a sunny day. Can't be beat. (I even took off my coat for about 30 minutes! it was warm enough!!!)

Being back in the city after our great trip to Florence this past weekend has been great.
Rome really is home. I feel comfortable here. in a perfect way. and it is wonderful.

Rome is home.
how lucky am I?

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my day in Rome.



love, marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment