Friday, January 29, 2010

sweet words. very much needed. lovingly delivered.


"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there you shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,"
even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you."
(psalm 139:7-12)

It is a crazy feeling every time I remember where I am, what I am doing.
Here in Rome.
Each day is an adventure. I feel confident that I may never fall into the comfortable ease of living while here.
Refreshing. and scary.
Lovely and exciting. and uncomfortable.
All at the same time.
What a beautiful place I have been taken to.
Geographically yes.
But mostly, spiritually.
I am alone. I am here, no longer able to sit with my friends and family who love and know me so deeply, and share my heart daily.
All I have is Him.
What a powerful. Awesome. Loving thing He has done.
He has taken me to the desert. To speak kindly to me.
I am a blessed person to be so loved by the Lord.
And what encouragement to know that He is here. He is so so so very here.

As my sweet roommate and friend Sarah said in a letter to me before I left, "God made Italy, too."

Yes He did!



No comments:

Post a Comment