Monday, January 18, 2010

nothing like a nice cup of tea and a good quote...


We should be pouring out our lives, investing our total beings, not drawing on Him to satisfy us. "You shall be witnesses to Me . . ." (Acts 1:8). That means lives of pure, uncompromising, and unrestrained devotion to the Lord Jesus, which will be satisfying to Him wherever He may send us.


day by day Rome is becoming my home. everywhere i turn there is something so different and interesting that I want to write down. but, i figure that'd get annoying, to always have a pen in paper in my hand, ready. here are a few things i have remembered through these crazy days.

1. the eldest italian women, even those who can barely walk, go out, every evening, to walk. alone.
it seems like the most lovely, content thing. I wish I could walk along side them, and hear about their lives. I'm sure they have so much to tell...

2. Italian babies are most definitely the most stylish babies in the world. seriously.

3. i have seen about 10 Maserati's in the past couple of days. I guess thats a big deal...

4. pastries. they are everywhere. and i want to eat them all.

5. italian's LOVE their dogs. seriously. i have never seen so many happy, loved, well walked dogs. its a big thing here.


with love from Roma,
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment