Monday, January 4, 2010

7 days


In one week from tomorrow, I am getting on a plane to Rome, Italy.
Yes.
To live with six other girls I have never met. And share one bathroom. with all of them.
To walk 20 minutes through the city each day to class.
To speak italian. Well, to learn italian...
To get my groceries for the day at the markets on the street.
To ride Vespas. And drink cappuccino.
To meet new people. To be completely alone.
Oh my goodness.
I am scared to death. and also cannot wait!

I have 7 more days to...
eat my moms food
buy an italy guide book...
get my hair highlighted...
get my ipod charged and ready
get a new battery for my laptop
buy a camera for my photo class
apply for my Permit of Stay in italy
pack. a ton of stuff
run a lot (because im not entirely sure that is common there)
and play with my dog.

pray for me.
love,
Marcy

but still. I cant wait to be in italy. something ive waited for basically my entire life.

1 comment:

  1. oh Marcy, I'm so excited for you. I'm excited for the things you see, the relationships you make, the lonely times that make you grow, the 20 minute walks to class with views like you've never seen in a city that becomes like home. I will be thinking and praying for you constantly the next few months. I can't wait to read and hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete