Monday, November 30, 2009

falling in love


Tonight I fell in love.
For the way He saves, and redeems, and whispers truth and comfort over my fears.
For quieting my crazy crazy soul.

He is Absolutely everything I want in this life and more.

Isaiah 30:1-18 was read over me tonight, and to be honest, the Lord God Almighty breathed absolute comfort into my plans and preparations for my trip to Italy.

1 “What sorrow awaits my rebellious children,”
says the Lord.
“You make plans that are contrary to mine.
You make alliances not directed by my Spirit,
thus piling up your sins.
2 For without consulting me,
you have gone down to Egypt for help.
You have put your trust in Pharaoh’s protection.
You have tried to hide in his shade.
3 But by trusting Pharaoh, you will be humiliated,
and by depending on him, you will be disgraced.
4 For though his power extends to Zoan
and his officials have arrived in Hanes,
5 all who trust in him will be ashamed.
He will not help you.
Instead, he will disgrace you.”.....
......
18 So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for his help.

19 O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem,
you will weep no more.
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
He will surely respond to the sound of your cries.
20 Though the Lord gave you adversity for food
and suffering for drink,
he will still be with you to teach you.
You will see your teacher with your own eyes.
21 Your own ears will hear him.
Right behind you a voice will say,
“This is the way you should go,”
whether to the right or to the left.
22 Then you will destroy all your silver idols
and your precious gold images.
You will throw them out like filthy rags,
saying to them, “Good riddance!”

This may seem confusing. But, let me explain.

I have been living in this deep deep fear that me, traveling to Italy, was in someway not the desire of the Lord. That I would not be walking in the will of the God I SERVE if I got on that plane.

Tonight, I prayed, deeply, after hearing this scripture, that the Lord take it away if He didn't want if for me.

Take away Italy. Give me only what I need. Take me only where I need to go.

And the Lord whispered, I WANT YOU TO GO. I want you to be in Italy.

But I want you to be there for me. For my GLORY. And every move you make, may you make in my will.

May you not make plans that are contrary to mine.


Lord, thank you for loving me. Thank you for whispering to me.

Holy Holy is the Lord God all mighty who loves us so deeply and intimately.



No comments:

Post a Comment