Sunday, November 15, 2009

Calm


This past week has been an absolute whirlwind.
More so than ever before.
But I made it, to the end.
To rest.

And the countdown to my departure to Italy has begun.
Oh. My. Goodness.

i am about to get on a plane, say goodbye to my family and my dearest friends, and be alone.
I am about to step out into a city where I know no one. Where i speak almost nothing of their language. and where I will be completely lost.

and i cannot wait.
I cannot wait to be lost and alone.
because to me, it will be new. and in a completely real way, i will be so very reliant on jesus. and him alone.

who knows who He will place in my life, who my roommates will be, my travel buddies, the italians I meet in my neighborhood. who knows. but, i know it will be good. i will not be alone or lost. because I will have Him.

Trastevere... I cant wait to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment