Wednesday, October 7, 2009

here comes fall.

"The Lord says, "The I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know NO bounds, for my anger will be gone forever.
I will be to Israel like a refreshing dew from heaven. Israel will blossom like the lily; it will send roots deep into the soil like the cedars in Lebanon.
Its branches will spread out like beautiful olive tress, as fragrant as the cedars of Lebanon.
My people will again live under my shade. they will flourish like grain and blossom like grapevines. They will be as fragrant as the wines of Lebanon...
The paths of the Lord are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them. but in those paths sinners stumble and fall." Hosea 14:4-9

(Photo by Andrew Shepard)

Autumn...
Is coming. In the weirdest of ways. Its cold, rainy, perfect, hot, muggy, cold, rainy.
Oh texas, you are confused in the weather category.

downstairs someone singing a song about the cold coming, november, december, perfect.
I wore a long sleeve shirt tonight.
And the leaves ARE actually falling.
Praise Jesus, for seasons, for newness, and beauty and change.

Tonight all I can think on is how deep the love is that Jesus christ has for us.
Have you ever heard that hymn, "How Deep the Father's Love for Us".
it is the song of my heart these days.
Overwhelming, isn't it?
I think I so easily let it all go to waste. Let all of the blessings God has placed in my life, go to my own, selfish, good, rather than to the good of those He loves.
Learning, more and more every day, that this world isn't about me.
When i have a hard day at school, i am not entitled to complain about it, I am asked to rest in it. And worship God in it. And serve others. Serve.

I am here to serve Jesus christ. Not myself.
I am here to love each and every soul and to tell them of His love through my own.
I fail so very much. So so very much.
But, once again i find peace in our God, who loves us so very much.

Letting the Lord love me fully is a daily struggle.
Believing that He genuinely longs to be my first and greatest LOVE is a battle.
But, He is winning. And I am thankful.


"The greatest thought that has ever entered my mind is that one day I will have to stand before THE holy God and give an account of my life...."

No comments:

Post a Comment