Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Let the Little Children Come to Me"


These have been some of the weirdest days I have ever lived.
I really think they have been.

Yesterday I was really busy, and stressed and study crazy. And today, I have nothing...
These weeks have been waves of boredom and frenzy.

but.

The end of this semester means leaving Waco (kinda... or more like everyone else leaving Waco) , missing dear friends and something that just struck me so much is how much i will be missing weekly service. 
Some weeks, I'm tired, have a headache, tons of work to do, and don't know how I'm going to get through.
Then I go spend and hour with 20 perfectly free, absolutely childlike kids. Who just want to swing and play hair salon. And, just want to be hugged, noticed, played with. 
Those moments, each week, were my refreshment this year. 
My reminder, of childlike innocence, and how beautiful and of God it really is to just let go.
To run around, to play silly games, imagine, and stop worrying about all of the things we were never supposed to worry about in the first place.

 Playground, I will miss you... maybe, just maybe, during summer school, we can all still spend our Wednesday afternoons on the playground. like we always have.
That'd be a dream. come true. 


"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16

No comments:

Post a Comment